Centrebet Paws Of Thunder Series To Begin Saturday Night
Written By Ellen Dwyer Wednesday 9th January 2013
Brought into the Summer period, the former three week 520m series will now see the winners from each heat progress to the January 19 Final, where $100,000 awaits the winner.
2012 Group 1 Wentworth Park winners Garrick Bale and Proven Nitro return to the Glebe circuit looking to claim the first Wentworth Park title for 2013.
Other notable runners include recent Group 2 Woy Woy Poultry Gosford Cup winner, Free Will, Group 1 Adelaide Cup winner Spud Regis and multiple 2012 Group winner Ritza Ryder.
Saturdayâ€™s eight heats will be supported by the running of the Group 2, AAA Radiator Specialists Summer Plate, with $40,000 on offer to the winner on January 19.
With two heats drawn, the first four from each event will progress to the final, a week later.
Staying stars He Knows Uno, Bell Haven and Irma Bale all feature in the series.
Gates open at 5.30pm for Saturdayâ€™s meeting.
More Greyhound Racing Coverage Of New South Wales Racing
- Kerrigan Bale, Megan Keeping sizzle in National Futurity heats
- Jingjing goes for glory in Group One National Futurity series
- Rising star Dyna Villa may be one in a million, says Wheeler
- Dyna Villa puts his best paws forward and thunders to victory
- 2015 Group One Paws of Thunder tips & betting preview