National Futurity & National Derby Contenders Swabbed For EPO & ITTP
Written By Kevin Pitstock Thursday 24th January 2013
Greyhound Racing NSW (GRNSW) stewards over the last two days have conducted out of competition testing of greyhounds in the lead-up to the heats of the Group One Newcastle Herald National Derby and Group One Dogpro National Futurity.
Testing was conducted to find the presence of Erythropoitin (EPO) and its derivatives. The samples will also be analysed by the newly formed screening process for the prohibited substance Myo-inositol Trispyrophosphate (ITPP).
A total of 34 samples were taken from greyhounds in kennels from the Central Coast, Hunter and Metropolitan NSW regions.
Out of competition testing forms an integral component of GRNSWâ€™s ongoing prohibited substance detection strategy, confirming its stance against illicit substance use.
The testing is conducted under the provisions of National Rule R79A which provides specifically for out of competition sampling.
More Greyhound Racing Coverage Of New South Wales Racing
- Kerrigan Bale, Megan Keeping sizzle in National Futurity heats
- Jingjing goes for glory in Group One National Futurity series
- Rising star Dyna Villa may be one in a million, says Wheeler
- Dyna Villa puts his best paws forward and thunders to victory
- 2015 Group One Paws of Thunder tips & betting preview