Queensland’s Fourth Anabolic Steroid Positve Comes To Light
Written By Kevin Pitstock Monday 9th February 2009
Greyhounds Queensland Stewards have released details of Queensland’s fourth Anabolic Steroid positive swab in a greyhound.
The swab comes from the Clayton Hook trained greyhound, Telly Blossom, who ruteruned a positive swab to Hydroxystanozolol, at an Albion Park greyhound race on the 10th December 2008.
Greyhounds Queensland Stewards convened an Inquiry on the 2nd February 2009 in relation to the urine sample taken from the greyhound Tell Blossom which competed on the 10th of December 2008 at the Brisbane Greyhound Racing Club in Race 7 (placed 5th) and subsequently returned positive to the drug Hydroxystanozolol.
Stewards directed Trainer Mr. C. Hook of Toowoomba to appear.
Evidence was taken from Mr. Hook along with a written submission. Mr. Hook was assisted at the Inquiry by Mr. C. Winchester.
Stewards charged the Trainer under GAR 83 (2) (a) (d) which states;
- (2) The owner, trainer or person in charge of a greyhound
- (a) nominated to compete in an Event
- (d) shall present the greyhound free of any drug
Mr. Hook pleaded guilty.
Mr. Hook was Suspended for 6 months.
Stewards disqualified the greyhound â€śTELLY BLOSSOMâ€ť under R 83 (4) from Race 7 (placed 5th) at the Brisbane Greyhound Racing Club meeting on the 10th of December 2008.
Prizemoney must be returned to Greyhounds Queensland.
Mr. Hook was read his rights of Appeal at the conclusion of the Inquiry.
More Greyhound Racing Coverage Of Queensland Racing
- Are Ate Dominates 2014 Group Three Townsville Cup Heats
- Huge Prizemoney Increases For Queensland Greyhound Racing Announced
- Happy Haswell Too Strong In The 2014 Ipswich Young Guns
- Young Guns Line Up For A Shot At Ipswich Final
- Queenslander Flash Reality Books A Spot In National Sprint Championships Final