Hope’s Up Qualifies For Second Big Race Final In As Many Weeks
Written By Kevin Pitstock Friday 21st September 2012
The Adelaide finalists for the Jet Pets Sister Cities Cup grand final were decided last night in two exciting heats at Angle Park. With only the winners qualifying for next weekâ€™s final the racing was hard and competitive.
The first heat went the way of the Gary Pidgeon trained Aunty Chopper who was able to lead throughout and score a tight victory over the strong finishing Point Two Over by a head. She recorded a solid 30.09 for the 515m journey and came up with the converted red marble for next weekâ€™s final.
It will be a race against time however as Aunty Chopper was found to have sustained a foot injury in the race and will be checked early next week to see if she can compete. If she is unable to take her spot in the final then first reserve Point Two Over will come into the race for Adelaide.
The second heat was won in fine fashion by Hopeâ€™s Up for trainer Cameron Butcher who continues to go from strength to strength after her Coffex Coffee Oaks win last week.
She made full use of her inside box and was able to punch through and lead on the first turn from there she had it her own way until she was challenged strongly in the final straight by Andrewâ€™s Courage however she kicked clear for a good win. She ran a handy 30.19 for the 515m and came up with box 5 in the final however she is racing in career best form and has the speed to offset the middle alley.
The New Zealand greyhounds arrived in Adelaide today with the Brisbane greyhounds arriving in Adelaide on Sunday. They will get their first look at the Angle Park track on Monday morning with a trialling session organised prior to the grand final on Thursday night. The grand final field looks a very even contest with each Sister City looking a great chance of claiming next weeks feature.
The $40,000 grand final will be run next Thursday night 27th September. It will be race 8 on the program and is listed to jump at 9.11pm (SA time).
et Pets Sister Cities Cup Final Box Draw
1. Aunty Chopper Gary Pidgeon (Adelaide)
2. Know Spunk Gary Cleeve (Christchurch)
3. Ozo Good Ron Ball (Brisbane)
4. Bogie King Ryan Ayre (Brisbane)
5. Hopeâ€™s Up Cameron Butcher (Adelaide)
6. Kiki Rhode Wayne & Tracey Steele (Auckland)
7. Another Dollar John McInerney (Christchurch)
8. Thrilling Ransom Karen Walsh (Auckland)
9. Point Two Over Rob Harnas 1st Res (Adelaide)
10. Andrewâ€™s Courage Dean Decrea 2nd Res (Adelaide)
More Greyhound Racing Coverage Of South Australian Racing
- Ernie Cruises To Victory In The Brian Johnstone Memorial
- Matthew Payne Disqualified For Four Months Over Testosterone Positive
- Token McLaren And Ernie Bung Arrow Sensational Again
- Ken Gill & Ernie Bung Arrow Set To Part Ways After Local Final
- Ernie Bung Arrow Back On Track With Scintillating Angle Park Return