Relllim Rosie To Overcome Troubled Week In Ballarat Summer Classic
Written By Kevin Pitstock Tuesday 17th February 2009
The Darnum (near Warragul) trained chaser produced one of the runâ€™s of her short career last week to blitz her rivals by six lengths and qualify for the final.
And all of this was done with a severely interrupted preparation during the week.
Her trainer Louise Allen said that fires in their area got to within two kilometers of their property.
Whilst her husband Trevor stayed to protect the property, Louise loaded all of the racing dogâ€™s into the trailer and headed for the safety area located at Warragul Greyhound Club.
â€śShe virtually spent two days in the trailer during the week, so her effort to win her heat was just fantastic.â€ť Allen said.
Rellim Rosie effort was so good that she qualified for the final in the â€śbest of the nightâ€ť run, recording a blistering 25.19 seconds for the 450 metres.
â€śShe is a terrific kennel dog who can produce some pretty impressive sectional times.â€ť
Rellim Rosie was bred by Trevor Allen and her owner Noel Miller, and has already chalked up eight wins from her sixteen race starts.
By Bond out of the dam Brandeen Glory, Rellim Rosie has drawn Box 3 in the final.
â€śShe is well suited by the draw as she likes to race close to the rails. If she can lead and keep out of trouble early she will be hard to beat in the final.â€ť
Gardam Prince has not been beaten in his five race starts, and boasts an average winning margin of six lengths in those outings.
Drillbit Taylor has won eight of his twelve race outings, and was impressive last week when he overran the opposition in the straight to score by 2.75 lengths.
Form and Comment for the Topcat Ballarat Summer Classic Final :
- 1. 652 â€“ Flip Ya Hundred (R. Lesueur, Sth Sunshine) â€“ Well drawn and good run last week. Place chance best.
- 2. 131 â€“ Drillbit Taylor (D. McDonald, Cranbourne ) â€“ Has won all three starts from this box draw. Can be tardy at the start but has blistering pace. Will be running home hard. Chance in an open race.
- 3. 271 â€“ Rellim Rosie (L. Allen, Darnum) â€“ Very impressive heat winner last week in 25.19. Well drawn and is sure to be in the finish of the race.
- 4. 172 â€“ Kiowa Bee (A. Britton, Lara) â€“ Has won three of his seven race starts. Races near the lead and is a chance with some luck in running.
- 5. 172 â€“ Kiowa Tiger (A. Britton, Lara) â€“ Will need luck from difficult box draw. Only moderately out of the boxes last week but runs home hard. Place chance best.
- 6. 141 â€“ Professor Tom (R. McRae, Junction Village) â€“ Exploded out of the boxes last week from same box draw to lead all of the way. Chance.
- 7. 111 â€“ Gardam Prince (D. McDonald, Cranbourne) â€“ Unbeaten in all five race starts. Impressive youngster who is very fast. Sure to be in the finish of the race.
- 8. 342 â€“ Kingâ€™s Mark (A. Langton, Anakie) â€“ Trailed home Gardam Prince last week. Will need some luck in running.
- 9. Res 313 â€“ Wes Mantooth (J. Britton, Anakie) â€“ Led early but overrun by Drillbit Taylor in the heats. Would need luck if he gets a run.
- 10. Res 373 – Carrazzo (Y. Andrews, Cranbourne North) â€“ Has recorded a best time at the track and distance of 25.27, but would need to draw well if he gets a run.