RWWA Hand Down Four Month Disqualification For Northam Cup Day Misconduct
Written By Kevin Pitstock, Editor Australian Racing Greyhound Friday 12th October 2012
RWWA Stewards today concluded an inquiry into an incident involving Owner/Trainer Mr Michael Hine, which occurred in the public area during the race meeting conducted at Greyhounds WA Northam on Monday 1st October 2012 (Northam Cup Day).
Evidence was heard from Mr M Hine and RWWA Stewards Graham Oâ€™Dea and Chris Courtland.
Mr Hine pleaded guilty to a charge under R86(o) for misconduct with the particulars of the charge being that Mr Hine swore several times in a loud manner and punched a glass window pane causing it to break whilst in the public area during the race meeting.
Mr Hine was disqualified for a period of four months with immediate effect, expiring at midnight on the 10th February 2013.
When considering penalty, the Stewards took into account the following:
- The circumstances leading up to Mr Hineâ€™s misconduct on the day.
- Mr Hineâ€™s personal circumstances.
- Mr Hineâ€™s guilty plea, frank and forthright admissions and remorse.
- The seriousness and circumstances of the offence.
- Mr Hineâ€™s undertaking to fully re-imburse the club for the property damage caused.
Further investigations and inquiries in relation to the conduct of other licensed persons on Northam Cup Day are continuing.
More Greyhound Racing Coverage Of West Australian Racing