RWWA Hand Down Four Month Disqualification For Northam Cup Day Misconduct
Written By Kevin Pitstock Friday 12th October 2012
RWWA Stewards today concluded an inquiry into an incident involving Owner/Trainer Mr Michael Hine, which occurred in the public area during the race meeting conducted atGreyhounds WANortham on Monday 1st October 2012 (Northam Cup Day).
Evidence was heard from Mr M Hine and RWWA Stewards Graham Oâ€™Dea and Chris Courtland.
Mr Hine pleaded guilty to a charge under R86(o) for misconduct with the particulars of the charge being that Mr Hine swore several times in a loud manner and punched a glass window pane causing it to break whilst in the public area during the race meeting.
Mr Hine was disqualified for a period of four months with immediate effect, expiring at midnight on the 10th February 2013.
When considering penalty, the Stewards took into account the following:
- The circumstances leading up to Mr Hineâ€™s misconduct on the day.
- Mr Hineâ€™s personal circumstances.
- Mr Hineâ€™s guilty plea, frank and forthright admissions and remorse.
- The seriousness and circumstances of the offence.
- Mr Hineâ€™s undertaking to fully re-imburse the club for the property damage caused.
Further investigations and inquiries in relation to the conduct of other licensed persons on Northam Cup Day are continuing.