This drug classificaations guide is used by GRNSW to determine the seriousness of a drug positive swab wehn they occur.
In general Category 4-5 drug positives are of a less serious nature. Category 1 and 2 drug positives are very serious, while Category 3 drugs may be either classified higher or lesser serious drug positives.
CATEGORY OF DRUGS
- Category 1 – Prohibited substances that have the ability to negatively impact the performance of a greyhound. These substances are also more commonly known as ‘stoppers.’
- Category 2 – All prohibited substances that are listed under GAR79A. This would also include such substances listed as illegal substances under the Standard for the Uniform Scheduling of Drugs and Poisons (Commonwealth), as amended from time to time, inclusive of NSW Legislation regarding these substances.
- Category 3 – All forms of Steroids.
- Category 4 – All other substances that have the ability to improve or impact racetrack performance and which have not been included in Categories 1, 2, 3 and 5.
- Category 5 – All substances that are registered in Australia for Veterinary use and have accepted therapeutic benefit to the greyhound. Products registered for human use in Australia that may have therapeutic benefits are also included in this category.
Category 1 Drugs
Category 2 Drugs
- GnRH (Fertagyl)
Category 3 Drugs
- Androsta-1,4-diene-3,17-dione (Boldione)
Category 4 Drugs